About The Project
From Christian Hageseth, Founder
"The Cannabis Ranch is my chance to normalize marijuana, to bring it to the world on such a scale that it cannot be ignored. The way tourists will progress through the Cannabis Ranch is fraught with symbolism. They’ll descend from the reception hall of the visitors’ center into the basement grow. From there, they’ll walk down a glass-walled hallway, beholding the fragrant jungle coming to life under the lights.
On the far end of the basement grow, they’ll come to a set of doors that will lead them to a bank of elevators. After entering, the elevators will rise, and when the doors open, our visitors will be standing in our glass-enclosed greenhouse, right in the middle of the action.
I said before that I am not an artist, not a poet, not a creative person in the artistic sense. But I cannot ignore the power of a beautiful metaphor. Our visitors will be embarking on a journey that mimics America’s own journey of enlightenment. As they move from the basement, they’re leaving marijuana’s past behind. When they enter the greenhouse, they’ll be looking at the future. From the closet out into the open. From the darkness into the light.
It doesn’t get clearer than that."
Excerpt from "Big Weed: An Entrepreneur's High Stakes Adventures in the Budding Legal Marijuana Business" (Macmillan, April 2015)
- Interactive tours will allow visitors to view a large-scale marijuana growing facility with a special visit inside one of our greenhouses where visitors can see and smell one of the largest legal marijuana growing operations on the planet.
- The cultural epicenter of the venue is the 2,500 person capacity outdoor amphitheater which will host a gamut of entertainers and serve to strengthen the cultural connection between marijuana and music.
- Visitors can enjoy a meal at our on-site restaurant, and rooftop terrace bar which features sweeping views of Colorado's Rocky Mountains.
- Positioned within a half hour from downtown Denver and the Denver International Airport, the weedery is an easily accessible destination for tourists and locals alike.
- The interior will utilize may natural elements, such as a large living wall in the atrium featuring live plants and a flowing waterfall.
- An on-site dispensary will give visitors an opportunity to purchase Green Man Cannabis' award-winning marijuana strains.
- Gifts and souvenirs will be available for purchase at the retail shop.